Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blogspot syntax highlighting issue

Blogspot as a service is missing features in so many ways, obviously bigG is not determined to give it a good and long life (Viva G+ instead!).

For me, I found this very serious issue: blogspot syntax highlighting.
Why on earth should I use a third-party service to publish a snippet of code? Certainly, I should have an opportunity to keep my code in the blog, highlight it as pleases me and do it without hassle!
Seems like wordpress.com can do it (but it has other disadvantages).

So far I found this service: http://quickhighlighter.com
Is it perfect? Not in any way! I.e, it has a problem with long lines (I would prefer scrolling).
Anyway, found nothing better so far. At least, I have HTML code that I can easily insert:

  1. def as_json(options = {})
  2.   # default
  3.   result = self.as_json
  4.   # minimal
  5.   result = {id: self.id, name: self.name } if options[:minimal]
  6.   result
  7. end
Seems like here a small market niche still exists - despite all those GitHubs and Pastebins, which are definitely overkill for such a simple task :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment